SKC has five top level goals for reaching its vision:
- Increase the interest among students to enter nuclear technology education.
- Make sure that the needs of the SKC financing parties to recruit qualified personnel with a nuclear technology education are met. To meet this goal, the universities will offer relevant basic education, execute research projects and support continued education of engineers already active in the nuclear technology area.
- Offer attractive education in the nuclear technology area.
- Create strong and internationally acknowledged research groups within areas which are vital for and unique to the nuclear technology area.
- Create organizations and skills at the universities such that research can be performed on account of the financers of the SKC also outside the boundaries of the SKC agreement.